Followers

Sunday 26 February 2017

Andrew Shinnie keen to stay at Hibs after thrilling derby

Source: www.scotsman.com --- Saturday, February 25, 2017
Andrew Shinnie knows that a return to English Football would be of financial benefit but having experienced the legal high of a derby win, he says there are some things that money cannot buy. That’s why rather than jump at the chance to return south in the summer, the on-loan midfielder would consider a permanent move to Hibs, especially if the Easter Road club achieves the aim of promotion, setting up the prospect of four head to heads with rivals Hearts and a host of other big games next term. “It’s a brilliant club and I love it here. You saw it on Wednesday, that was unbelievable, the atmosphere out there. That’s as big as a lot of clubs down south could give you. Down south gets built up quite a lot, obviously people go down there and financially it is big difference but I’ve been at a lot of Championship matches, they’re decent games but nothing like that atmosphere, that was unbelievable. “That [fixture] should be in the top league of Scottish Football every season, it’s a great advert for the Scottish game although it obviously wasn’t on television. It should be in the top league and I love it, I wouldn’t not extend my stay here, I would like to stay here but I’m not going to think about that until the summer. “I was at Birmingham, which is a great club, and we had some really good games. I didn’t sample the Villa derby, which would have been good but the games were good and the atmospheres were okay in most of the games, ...



from Football http://ift.tt/2kYwga4

No comments:

Post a Comment